TERM DATES 2018/2019
Wednesday 25July 2018– Friday 5 October 2018
Tuesday 16 October 2018 – Friday 14th
Tuesday 8th January 2019 – Friday 22nd March 2019
Tuesday 2nd April 2019 - Wednesday 29 May 2019
Total Days 183
Parents are required to give complete student and family information as requested in the enrolment
Application. The documents must be complete and signed before the child can attend school. The documents include
· Enrolment document.
· Health and medical information.
· Media consent form.
· Student Pick up card
CHANGE OF PARENT DETAILS
If you change your address/phone number or family circumstances,
please inform the school in writing (email is suitable) immediately; prompt receipt of accurate information
ensures your family receives all vital information from the school on time.
CONTACTING THE SCHOOL
Please contact the Primary School Office when:
• Your child is/will be sick absent or late (see Attendance Policy)
• If you have any queries or concerns (your query will be directed to the relevant staff member) - If you are unsure of anything please don’t hesitate to contact us. Your first person to ask regarding teaching, learning and pastoral matters should be your child’s homeroom Teacher
The School communicates in a variety of ways. Please make sure that you:
● Have joined Class Dojo? – The Teachers will communicate with you via this helpful and dynamic application. You will receive an invitation to join, Just download the application and enter the code.
● Make sure your email address is current as you will receive important information from school via class dojo and email.
● Have the contact information for the school saved in your phone.
Transportation services are available to and from specific locations. If you wish to utilise this service please contact Ms Henny our transport officer to give you the transport registration form and to check if your area is covered. You can email her on
Each homeroom Teacher will set up a “Class Dojo” to communicate with Parents. This is an excellent way to keep in touch with the Teacher. The Teacher can share photos with you and keep you notified of learning, homework, events and any necessary details. Please ensure you use this app. You will receive a letter with the details early in the new school year. The Principal will also share information via class dojo. You can also privately message the Teachers and Principal. Some Teachers also use the behaviour management tool on class dojo which rewards students with points for specified reasons.
Student Diary/Communication Book
Direct communication between you and your child’s Teacher
A record of your child’s work will be shared each semester.
A summative report on your child’s progress is sent home at the end of each semester.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences are held at the end of Term 1, 2, and 4
Student Led Conferences
Student Led Conferences are held at the end of the Term 3.
Parent Lighthouse Team
Parents are invited to meet with the Principals at the regular Parent Light House team meetings. These will be announced on Class Dojo. They are held in the school library. Meetings with Teachers
Parents are welcome at any point in the school year to schedule a meeting with their child’s Teachers.
Be sure to set an appointment with the Teacher directly or through the class dojo.